Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Review of Mens PUMA Faaslab Racer Running Shoe

Originally submitted at Road Runner Sports

Men's PUMA® FAASLAB RACER :: For the minimalist runner looking for a close-to-barefoot feel, the men's Puma® Faaslab Racer can't be beat. Incredibly light, the Faaslab Racer is designed with the less-is-more design philosophy to give you incredible performance and to promote n...


Sweet shoe

By Surfing Vol from Charlotte, NC on 12/29/2010

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels half size too small

Width: Feels true to width

Arch Type: Low Arch

Pros: Lightweight, Comfortable, Fast, Cushions Impact, Breathable

Best Uses: Road Running

Describe Yourself: Avid Athlete

Was this a gift?: Yes

First, I've never worn Pumas before, and viewed them more as "lifestyle" shoes than serious footwear. That said, I decided to ask Santa for the Puma FAAS based on my experience in Saucony Kinvaras.

I first wore the Pumas around the house on Christmas day for a "break-in" to see if I liked the fit enough to try running in them. I have wide feet, and the toe box felt fine, so I'm not sure why other reviewers said that the shoe felt narrow. In fact, for my feet, the upper on the Puma FAAS' feels more comfortable than the upper on the Kinvara, especially around the area of my right little toe (I seem to recall reading that Kinvaras wear out around that spot).

I took the shoes out last night for a fast 7 mile run. The shoes have a cushy (as opposed to harsh) ride, yet not so soft as to feel unstable. I'm a big guy -- 210 pounds -- with flattish feet who is supposed to wear motion control shoes, so the feel of the shoe is important to me. My legs and feet feel great today. There was no noticable wear on the outsole, unlike the Kinvaras.

If you like the feel of Kinvaras, you should seriously consider these shoes. If you're looking for a minimalist shoe, lace these babies up snug, and let 'er rip!

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment